Skip navigation
VMG33TV
Currently Being Moderated

Movie trimming problem (QTP)

Apr 23, 2013 4:13 AM

I use QuickTime Player (QTP) as my default player to play movies from Bridge. I very often use the Trim function in QTP. After trimming i want to quickly save the file as an replacement of the original file.

Until recently this was no problem. But now the file name is change to "untitled" when i trim it. This means that I have to locate the original file myself before replacing it with the new file. This is a time consuming problem.

I know that this is a problem with QTP and not directly with Bridge. But I hope that somebody knows how to fix it or can tell me the name of another free player that can solve the problem. Which players do you use to open movies from bridges?

Best regards

Søren

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2013 7:10 PM   in reply to VMG33TV

If you eidt a movie and reformat it it is a new file and no program can read your mind.  If you just cut the frme out without reformatting you might be OK.  But very few editing programs will let you do this.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 9:00 AM   in reply to VMG33TV

I dont understand why the program should be able to "read my mind" to use the original name and folder as default?

While I agree with you on the dreadful name 'untitled' it is not easy (especially for a free application) to have a workflow that suits everyone. I don't use video that much but I just checked and there is only the option to export.

I think you are on a Mac?, if so there is a workaround for filenames upon save. If you use the export command you get a window that can be extended with an arrow to show the folder list. You just can click on the existing filename in the list and that one will replace 'untitled' with the name you clicked on.

Not perfect but a bit easier then retyping every time.

And check on the Apple site for extensions offered for Quicktime. I believe they are also free.

And if you do have a Mac you can also use iMovie, not free but very cheap

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points