Skip navigation
adik6555
Currently Being Moderated

Making FPS bigger and speeding up video

Apr 23, 2013 7:52 AM

Hi, i recorded video in 60fps, but the camera automatically converted video in 29,9fps, so it made the video slow-mo. But now i want the video in original 100% speed and 60fps (í want to use twixtor at some parts, so 60fps is needed). What should i do? I use after fx 5.5 and sony action cam.

Thanks

adik6555

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2013 7:23 AM   in reply to adik6555

We can tell you how to change the frame rate.

But since we know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING  about your project, the various kinds of software you're using and what you want to achieve when the work is all done, we might be giving you bad advice in the long run. 

This stuff ain't as straightforward as you may have assumed.

So you tell us more about the project: give us the details.  We'll come back with more questions for you to answer, and after a fashion, you have the RIGHT answer... not necessarily the EASY answer.  Dig?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to adik6555

First, make sure that you've got the correct frame rate for the footage item in the footage interpretation settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 7:55 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

BTW, this is the same answer that you got on your other thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1194932

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 8:00 AM   in reply to adik6555

...recorded in 60fps, but then automatically converted into 30fps (720p)....

And how did THAT happen?  What piece of software did this conversion? 

I thought you said all the footage was at 59.94.  What's the software you're using to check the frame rate?

"A sony action cam" doesn't say a lot about the nature of the footage, and it could be crucial to your work flow.  What's the media container -- MXF? Quicktime? WMV?  What's the codec -- H.264? MPEG?

...I want to alternate the slow-mo scenes and normal scenes...

Ah, this must mean you're using an editing application.  Care to divulge which one you're using? 

Have you chosen the normal-speed and slo-mo shots to make your life easier?

You mention Twixtor: how does this enter into the mix?

What will be the frame rate of the final, completed video file? 

Now, let's talk AUDIO: I bet it has some.  How was it recorded?  Will you also use audio from slo-mo shots, meaning that it also sound slow and the pitch will drop a lot?

How will it be viewed -- at the movies?  What's the player being used? 

Will it appear on an HD monitor?  Using what playback device -- a DVD player?  Blu-Ray?  Hard drive? 

Will it only appear on YouTube or Vimeo?

Then there's also the machine you're using to create this project.  It will also help to know the details about it.

If you think I'm joking about all this stuff, stay tuned to read what other people write in this thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to adik6555

Final framerate after the render will be 29,97 fps. Audio wont be in the footage. All i want to do is higher the fps and speed up the video.

That's nice.

Some editing applications will automatically adjust for 59.94 footage in a 29.97 edit timeline, so you'd just have to conform the frame rate of the 59.94 slo-mo shots, and you may not need AE at all. 

Oh, but wait:  we don't know what you're using to cut this epic!   Sorry, can't help you.......

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to Dave LaRonde

Make sure the footage is properly interpreted and then use Time Remapping to speed up or slow down playback. There's plenty of info about Time Remapping in the help files.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points