Skip navigation
RThiessen3707
Currently Being Moderated

Receive and ERROR when trying to launch Premiere Elements 11

Apr 23, 2013 7:29 AM

Out of the Blue, I am suddenly unable to open Priemere Elements 11, the organizer works fine, but if I slect NEW Project from the welcome screen I get the following errors: A dialog box named "Premiere Elements Debug Event" with the message of "Premiere Elements has ecountered an error....

[..\..\Src\Core\Preferences.cpp-388]

The only option on this error is to hit "Continue", at which point a second window pops up with a Runtime Error...

I have uninstalled, rebooted and then reinstalled but there is no change. Has anyone elese seen this problem... thanks in advance for any help.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to RThiessen3707

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2013 11:20 AM   in reply to RThiessen3707

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 1:23 PM   in reply to RThiessen3707

RThiessen3707

If you want to give some troubleshooting a try, I will stay with you until we get that Premiere Elements 11 Windows to work. I will have lot of questions because I believe the answers are in the details. Often I write problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes. So, I look at each case for details specific to it.

1. How long have you been running Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit without this problem: few days, few weeks, few months, never worked? The usual drill...do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed and are you working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? Are your video and audio card drivers up to date?

2. What do your computer resources look like, available RAM, free hard drive space (derived from just Local Disk C or using a supplemental drive for scratch disks and video storage? Where are your scratch disks directed and how much free hard drive space is at that location? (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.) Besides your ccleaner maintenance, have you checked for Adobe Folder previews and conformed audio pile ups? Have you cleaned the Media Cache Database (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Media/Media Cache Database.)?

3. You say the problem happened out of the blue. Any new software, plug-ins, codecs, and the like installed around the time that the problem set in?

4. I would like to see you get rid of the Welcome Screen as your point of entry to the program. To that end, right click the Premiere Elements 11 Desktop icon, select Properties, select Open File Location. That will take you to a file named Adobe Premiere Elements 11.exe. Select the file next to it named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, create a Desktop shortcut to Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, and use that Desktop shortcut thereafter to open Premiere Elements 11.

5. I would also like to explore other ways of opening the Premiere Elements new project depending on results. One example...can you open a new Premiere Elements project from the Elements Organizer?

5. If possible, download and install the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 11 Windows from Adobe and determine if that will install for you from the Premiere Elements as well as the Elements Organizer interfaces. Adobe allows only one download of its tryout  product version whether you have used the product 1 or 30 days. So, if you have gone the tryout route, this idea isn't going to work unless Adobe makes an exception. But, I do like this idea for troubleshooting purposes.

MBolton never did follow up to a conclusion on the thread that kglad kindly referenced. There were other avenues to explore. I look forward to the opportunity to assist you in your Premiere Elements troubleshooting here. I am no longer visiting nor answering questions at the web site where MBolton and I sought to find an answer to this issue.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 10:12 AM   in reply to RThiessen3707

RThiessen3707

Thanks for the follow up with the very great news "I found a SOLUTION!!".

The information that you shared may be the answer to a similar problem experienced by others. As I always write "Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes." But hopefully what worked for you will be the answers for others.

Great stick-to-it-tiveness and troubleshooting.

Continued success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points