Skip navigation
VisibleDesignLLC
Currently Being Moderated

How do I troubleshoot a display or system font in Illustrator

Apr 23, 2013 10:18 AM

Tags: #font_display_problems

I think I am having trouble with how a certain system font displays in Illustrator. I am not sure which font it is. Can someone explain why I am getting a swatch list that looks like this:

Mystery Font Image in Illustrator.jpg

All these "mystery" swatches are associated with a piece of artwork that was obtained from a stock image website.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to VisibleDesignLLC

I have seen this in EPS files in the past. Old EPS files. Without anything selected, I just changed the names. Looks like they are Pantone names that got munged up.

Take care, Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 12:27 PM   in reply to VisibleDesignLLC

The font looks fine for your palette, you have just encountered some swatches from someone using a OS different than English. Just use the command to select unused colors adn delte, or change the names if they are used. If the colros keep coming back look into a post deleted global colors, as that incremental numbering naming convention looks similar to that.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to VisibleDesignLLC

This merely looks like someoen used a Thai font, but with Western encoding and the characters display differently on a western system. Nothing serious. Simply renaming the swatches will work just fine as would replacing the swatches from a local color book...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points