Skip navigation
Mr.Smith00001
Currently Being Moderated

drop down menu created in Fireworks MX doesn't work in IE 10

Apr 23, 2013 8:38 AM

Tags: #drop #no #fireworks #10 #down #menu #in #ie #mx #works #longer

I have a website which was designed using Dreamweaver and Fireworks MX.  The drop down menu on the site has been working well for many years but  no longer works in Internet Explored 10 (although it still works in IE9). The main menu is still visible but the drop down menu buttons do not become visible on mouse over. Is there a quick fix for this or is it time to get a new website made?  I don't want to purchase a newer version of Dreamweaver as this is the only website I am involved with. Other posts I have read say ensure that the  <!DOCTYPE html> tag is on the page, but it doesn't help. many thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to Mr.Smith00001

As the dropdown menu is probably javascript, I wonder if your javascript settings for IE10 might be configured differently than for IE9? Just a thought. You might poke around in your user settings for IE10 and/or check that other javascript elements are working.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 8:14 AM   in reply to groove25

i'm having the same problem with a website i designed. i'm looking for a code fix. i understand that you can make it work by going into tools>compatibility view settings and adding the website to be displayed in compatibility view but obviously the user is not going to know to do this

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 9:21 AM   in reply to christofutti

ok, i added this code in

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE9" />

and it solved the problem

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)