Skip navigation
ajtidwell
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with Application Manager & PS

Apr 23, 2013 10:23 AM

Tags: #crashing #cs6 #application_manager #freezing #cs6-download #can't_open_programs

I downloaded the free trial about a week ago. Recently I installed a bunch of updates that came up, and now I'm having a bunch of problems.

1. I can't open any of the products through the application manager. If I want to open something, I have to find a file on our network that was created previously and open the program that way.

2. Photoshop freezes and/or crashes every 15 minutes or so. I followed the instructions in the CS6 GPU FAQ and set my preferences to Use Graphics Processor, which seemed to work pretty well, but PS won't save my preferences when I shut down. Is this just because it's the trial version?

3. Is there anything else I can do to limit freezes/crashes? My system meets the requirements for the install, so I'm not sure what else the problem could be.

Any help is appreciated!

Amy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2013 10:59 AM   in reply to ajtidwell

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Ajtidwell it is not expected that you would be able to open your Adobe Creative applications through the Adobe Application Manager.  The launch experiences is only available after the initial install to allow you to test the functionality of the just installed program.  Please use the method which is normal for your operating system to open the program.

The users in the Photoshop General Discussion maybe able to offer some suggestions for your second point in your post.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2013 2:41 PM   in reply to ajtidwell

Have you installed all the Photoshop updates?

Which OS version are you using?

Have you updated your video card driver from the GPU maker's website?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points