Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What to use for feature testing

Apr 23, 2013 12:05 PM

Tags: #feature #testing_website

I have searched high and low and cannot figure this one out.  My boss has tasked me with creating a feature test for the CF site I manage and suggested using Cucumber since that's what they're using to test other sites.  However, they're all using the Java version, and I don't know Java.  I tried using the PHP version but apparently it doesn't work on Windows.

So, I'm stuck and my boss isn't going to be happy when I tell her as much! So, I'm trying to find out what I can use to write and execute feature tests on Windows of a ColdFusion site.

Any suggestions (that might help me keep my job *smile*)?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to revdovie

If the Windows server is running Apache, you can get the PHP version to work.

^_^

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 2:14 PM   in reply to revdovie

I've never worked with cuke4php.  I've only installed (once) XAMPP on a WinXP SP3 system, and don't really know how to configure it (I'm a ColdFusion developer who took some PHP tutorials out of curiosity.)

But I believe that Apache does have a stand-alone Windows installer; install it and follow instructions on how to get PHP working on it, then you can use that for feature testing.

^_^

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 5:45 AM   in reply to revdovie

Sorry.. as I've stated, I've never worked with cuke4php, I don't even know what it is.

If you've got Apache running (XP doesn't matter - you don't have to have Windows Server 20xx in order to run a web server), I'm not sure what else.  I tried Googling "php feature testing", but it didn't really give me anything that looked like feature testing apps/tools.  I did see something about a sandbox for testing.. same thing??

^_^

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to revdovie

Perhaps one of the tools listed at http://www.testdriven.com/tag/acceptance_testing_tools_post_tag would work?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points