Skip navigation
lyric technical
Currently Being Moderated

Blu ray Burning issue

Apr 24, 2013 2:51 AM

Hi all,

Until recently I have been using PP5.5 (Encore) to author Bluray discs without problems.

Since upgrading to OSX 10.8.3 my Samsung home theatre is refusing to play any Blu ray I burn, however the Sony system in the other room plays them with no trouble.

Samsung support do not want to know and I have tried everything I can think of. Am I missing some setting in Ecore?

I shoot AVCHD on a Panasonic AG-AC130, Adobe PP 5.5 burning to Panasonic BD-r discs

Apple Mac pro running OSX10.8.3

Help please

Rick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to lyric technical

>Since upgrading to OSX 10.8.3

Used to work... upgraded... doesn't work - seems clear to ME that something in your OSX changed how the burner is used

This advice is for Windows... so substitute Mac burning software (Toast?) for Imgburn and give it a try

Create a DVD output ISO file and then use the FREE Imgburn to write ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 12:00 PM   in reply to lyric technical

Ouch! Thanks for posting that information.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 10:39 AM   in reply to lyric technical

lyric technical wrote:

HI John,

I attempted to do as suggested with the same results. I have tracked the problem down to the Samsung player, it appears Samsung are lothe to buy all the different Blu-ray "licenses" and OSX 10.8 uses one of thte ones they don't hold. I have used a cabling workround and the Sony player, messy be functional.

Thanks for your help.

Also, another thing to remember is that a written disc is technically not a BluRay disc, and no players are actually required to play them at all.

This is why duplicated discs should not ever carry the BluRay logo (they are, to use Sony's terminology, "non compliant products" as they are BD-ROM finalized as BDMV)

Only replicated (pressed) discs can be guaranteed compliant - and even then, some players will not play all discs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points