Skip navigation
Brawerman.Technology
Currently Being Moderated

How can I have all of the brushes populate when using Photoshop CS5.5 for the first time?

Apr 24, 2013 9:14 AM

Tags: #photoshop #cs5.5 #default #limited #brushes #populate #append #appending

It seems, by default, Photoshop CS 5.5, has only a limited number of brushes. I want my kindergarten students to have access to all of the brushes available in CS 5.5, so I've had these brushes by way of appending, for each individual student. Does anyone know of an easier, more efficient solution for having all of the brushes populate from the start? Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 11:30 AM   in reply to Brawerman.Technology

After you have appended all of the brushes on a single computer, save that as a preset and load that preset (as replace, not append) on all of the other computers.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 12:59 PM   in reply to Brawerman.Technology

It should be in the same menu you are using to append all of the existing presets. At the bottom of the menu is the different presets Photoshop comes with. In the middle of this menu are these four options:

Reset Brushes

Load Brushes

Save Brushes

Replace Brushes

So, on one computer, after appending all of the brush presets, select "Save Brushes". Save this file to a location you can easily find it. Move this file to the other computers (it does not matter where on the computer it is, just make sure it is easy to find), choose "Load Brushes", and select the file. After this, you don't even need the file on the computer anymore (unless you reset Photoshop to its default settings and need to reload them). You can even just leave this file on a USB flash drive that you move to each computer or store it in a network location that all the computers can reach.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points