Skip navigation
jes_presh
Currently Being Moderated

CS4 Crashed and will not reload.

Apr 24, 2013 9:15 AM

Tags: #cs4

I was waorking in CS4 yesterday. I opend bridge and got this message - (Bridge encounterered a problem and is unable to read the cache. Please try the central cashe in Cache Preferences to correct the siuation).  After clicking ok, I went ahead and started tagging my photos I had just photographed.  When I went to open all the tagged photos in the raw dialog box photoshop crashed altogher and infrmed me to report the crash to apple. Everytime I hit report CS4 crashed again.  I restarted the computer 5 times and each time when the computer turned back on the crash report was present.

This crash report is like 10 pages long of code. Here is a some samples of whats on it.

Process:         Adobe Bridge CS4 [255]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Bridge CS4/Adobe Bridge CS4.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Bridge CS4

Identifier:      com.adobe.bridge3

Version:         3.0.0.464 (3.0.0.464)

Code Type:       X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [94]

Date/Time:       2013-04-24 08:53:41.385 -0700

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          -12317225 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           36

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  -74

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread:  19

Called Adobe and after speaking to (4) people was told that they can not answer my questions and that I must try this forum.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to jes_presh

CS4 is kind of old, and to even guess at the cause the engineers would need all of the crash report, not just the header.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 1:23 PM   in reply to jes_presh

Here is the crash report I keep getting.

I leave the Crash report to Chris who is more then capable in handling this info. Meanwhile use first aid with cache problems.

Quit Bridge and go to your user library ( in your user account, not on root level) and follow this path:

user (your name) / library / Caches / Adobe/ Bridge CS4, inhere are two items, a plug in and a folder called cache. Drag both items outside the library (the trash is a good place…). Restart Bridge holding down option key and choose reset preferences.

Then try again.

All deleted files have been replaced with fresh but empty files and you need to recache the lot again for good thumbs and previews. Also you need to set your custom wishes for preferences again. Both is not much work, prefs are easy understandable and let Bridge cache overnight by selecting the main folder of your images and use the menu view / view items from subfolders. Close other applications and let it run for a while, depending on amount of files and file size it can take some hours.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points