Skip navigation
phillipbLaserT
Currently Being Moderated

Placing Images Properly

Apr 24, 2013 9:54 AM

Hello Community, I am trying to make a new page and show which vendors are our partners.  I want to stage the photo's in such a way that they do not look so rigid.  I tried using Publisher to set up the page like I want but it wouldn't transfer to Dreamweaver.  Any advice on how best to incorporate a large amount of images onto a page where I can set their exact height and location?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 11:42 AM   in reply to phillipbLaserT

Use your graphics editor to scale images to desired height & width beforehand.  Optimize them for the web (Save for web) as RGB jpgs and save to your DW Local Site folder.  Photoshop has actions & batch features to help automate much of this.  For details consult your graphics editor's help files (F1).

In DW, create a CSS grid using floats & margins or (less preferred) tables to hold your images.  If you're fairly good with PHP code, you could automatically populate your page with images from a site folder.  I do this quite often with image galleries.  It's much quicker than manual insertion and allows for quick changes by adding/deleting images in the folder.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points