Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I apply multiple styles within a single text block?

Apr 24, 2013 9:45 AM

Tags: #css #fireworks #cs6

I have defined a style for my inline text hyperlinks that overrides several specifications of the normal paragraph style (color, text decoration). However, if I select the words I wan to apply this style to and click the style button, it affects the entire text box. 

How should I be doing this?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 1:37 PM   in reply to rubysue45

That's tricky. Maybe this was optimized for use with things like buttons, where the text would typically be just a single style.

Here's a workaround: Select the inline text, copy or cut it, and paste it into a new text box. (If you deselect the original text box, Command-V will create a new text box for you.) Apply the style to the new text box, and then select and copy the text within that box and paste it back into the original text.

Pasting the styled text seems to work. You could possibly speed things up by having all your links in a separate text box, styling that text box, and then pasting the styled links into the text where needed.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2014 8:22 AM   in reply to rubysue45

So styles are pretty useless then!

If I have a link within a paragraph I have to cut out the word, create the space for it, create another text box, paste the link text and format that, very speedy. Then if the copy changes I need to reposition my link. Let's not get into heavily  formatted paragraphs ie ones with a heading, sub head, body copy, some links and some highlighted words. One text box for each style of text??

I have no words...this is preposterous

I hear that fireworks won't be developed further, will any of its functions be incorporated into Photoshop? Wouldn't Fireworks be a better candidate to pair with Edge Reflow than Photoshop?

At this stage software development at Adobe seems to be like a random bullet with no direction.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2014 11:44 PM   in reply to mowglivj

I am afraid to say you are barking up the wrong tree here: Fireworks development had already stalled before Adobe acquired Macromedia, and Adobe extended its life for years.

That said, it is now dead in the water. Adobe is trying to shape Photoshop in something more web-compatible, but it is missing so many rather essential (basic) web oriented features in my opinion, it would be a better idea to look elsewhere.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points