Skip navigation
nug75
Currently Being Moderated

lost data

Apr 24, 2013 10:09 AM

I accidentally saved my AI file while I had temporarily deleted some elements on it. Is there anyway of retrieving the file in  the state it was before I saved it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 10:12 AM   in reply to nug75

Right now no. However, for your future convenience I would like to suggest that you use Dropbox.com to save versions of your file if you want to revert back to older versions of your artwork. Upload your file to Dropbox after important modifications that you make. In this way you will maintain multiple versions of the same file in Dropbox.com with concurrent updates that you apply to the file.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 12:12 PM   in reply to nug75

you can TRY a system restore to recover it. any changes you've made since then would be gone though so back them up on an external drive or cloud or something. This is a drastic step and i've never done it so do more research before you listen to me

if you are using Windows 7, http://www.webbedeye.com/2012/08/how-do-i-recover-a-file-i-saved-over- get-back/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 2:10 PM   in reply to nug75

nug,

In addition to what shnath and snunicycler said, you may save versions from time to time with different names.

Also, externally saving what you have (at least) on a daily basis will reduce the loss, and you may pick from older and newer to rescue most. In this connexion, saving to a DVD and/or to an external harddisk gives you an additional safety (and independence).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points