Skip navigation
fcvideo
Currently Being Moderated

DVD Disc Capacity issue

Apr 24, 2013 10:22 AM

I have a number of files which were created in Adobe Premier (CS5) in AVI format. 4 files which total about 32 gb, but some of the files are cropped within encore - so on the timelines it comes to around 115 minutes.When I check the project, it comes up as ok - but durig burning, it states that the disc is under capacity.

I though the automatic would look to compress to meet capacity - but it keeps failing. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to fcvideo

When I check the project, it comes up as ok - but durig burning, it states that the disc is under capacity.

The only message that gets asked about is that the project won't fit on the disk. But that should not happen if you are on automatic. Unless you transcoded before all the material was on the disk.

Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to fcvideo

Check to be sure you have not added something to the ROM content line

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 11:54 AM   in reply to fcvideo

What is the total length (in time) of all timelines? Are there motion menus?

See John's point above.

Most likely problem is that you transcoded part of this before you added it all.

If not making sense, post a screenshot of the project panel showing at least length of assets and DVD transcode status.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 9:13 AM   in reply to fcvideo

What's the Build tab show?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 10:22 AM   in reply to fcvideo

does anyione else have trouble uploading images in explorer - always fails, but works fine in chrome...

We don't know what Adobe/Jive did, but you can avoid that by running IE in compatibility mode.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to fcvideo

OK.

Put in a new disk and change the burn speed to the lowest allowed.  Same problem?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points