Skip navigation
Sommergal
Currently Being Moderated

Need help opening Adobe Premiere Elements 11

Apr 24, 2013 11:02 AM

I purchased a package deal with Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11.   The photoshop portion is working fine, but I can't get the premiere to even open!   I click on the icon on my dock and nothing happens.  There is another icon on my desktop (main screen) but it only gives me an option to 'un-install'.    Is there a phone number to call for Adobe support?   I need real help!!??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 11:29 AM   in reply to Sommergal

Welcome to the forum.

As the biggest cause of PrE not launching is an obsolete video driver (PSE does not rely so heavily on the video driver), please answer these questions:

What is the make and model of your video card/chip?

Do you have a laptop, or desktop?

What is the installed version of the video driver?

Is that the latest from the nVidia, or AMD/ATI Web site? Do not trust your OS to tell if you have the latest.

For more detail, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/948651?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 12:11 PM   in reply to Sommergal

Suzan,

Here is a list of some very good resources for learning PrE: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3953827#3953827

I highly recommend Steve Grisetti's Basic Training, and then his Learning Series.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to Sommergal

Sommergal

From your latest post, you seem to be moving forward.

But, I would ask "Is your Premiere Elements 11 on Windows or Mac?" Your reference to "Dock" makes me think that you are a Mac computer.

What was the name of the file that you dragged to the dock that opened Premiere Elements 11 for you?

I am strickly an Elements Windows user, but I like to keep up with the Mac experiences.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points