Skip navigation
Phil.com
Currently Being Moderated

APE 11Burning DVD Error

Apr 24, 2013 3:54 PM

APE 11  I'm trying to burn a DVD and the draw opens and I get get this error at about 99% done. Tried twice.

Internal Software error: %60, line%1

The program is only 1.76 GB

I tried both Fit Contents to space available and Highest Quality.

Cheers!  Phil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 4:02 PM   in reply to Phil.com

Phil,

As a test, can you Burn to Folder, instead of to a blank DVD?

If so, you should end up with a VIDEO_TS folder, where you locate it, with the IFO, BUP and VOB files inside. Use a DVD software player, like the free MediaPlayer Classic HC, to test play that folder.

This test takes the multi-drive/burner out of the mix. If the Burn to Folder works, then we can concentrate on the multi-drive/burner. If it does not work, we know that the problem is a bit more universal.

Good luck, and let us know how that test goes.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 4:49 PM   in reply to Phil.com

Phil.com

Please excuse the question but I need to ask. A just in case type question:

"Do you have a Stop Marker placed at the end of your Timeline content that is being burned to disc DVD?"

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 5:21 AM   in reply to Phil.com

Phil.com

Thanks for the follow up and the great news of successful Premiere Elements burn to disc DVD related to changing brand of DVD disc.

We will be looking forward to your additional results.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to Phil.com

Good news, and thank you for sharing.

Memorex blank media have been a conundrum for a long time now. At one point, in the distant past, they were producers of some good recording media. Then, they decided to get out of the production business, and just buy the media from others. They bought the cheapest available, at that time. It has become what is not so fondly referred to as the "Memorex business model," and others, like TDK and Ritek, have adopted it.

To us, the users, what it translates to is that a spindle of media, with the Memorex logo, can come from many different sources. I have seen 4 different mfgr's. products in a single 50 disc. spindle. Others have reported more. One might encounter say 10 good discs, then hit 10 bad ones.

One of the little, hidden features of the burning utility, ImgBurn, is that it will survey the blank disc, and report who actually made it, usually even giving the lot number. One sees some interesting results from that info.

I have settled on three producers: Verbatim, Taiyo-Yuden and Falcon Pro. As I buy in bulk, it did take some time to work the Falcon Pro into my mix, but with all of the stellar recs. for it, felt that I had to try it, and add it into my stock. In many thousand delivered DVD-Videos, I have never had one return, when using any of those three mfgr's. blank media.

Good luck, and please keep reporting,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points