Skip navigation
Oren Tarrio
Currently Being Moderated

I couldn´t see imported videos with Adobe Premiere pro

Apr 24, 2013 5:09 PM

Tags: #pro #premiere #cs6

Hello:

My name is Oren. I´m from Spain, and this is my problem.

One month ago I bought a Toshiba Satellite 850-31M. It has an x64 processor, 16 GB of RAM and I have 2 hard drives, the c: an SSD of 500 GB and other of 1 Tb hardisk, configured as D:. It has a GeForce GT 630M graphics card with 2 GB of RAM. W8 operating system.

I wanted to try the Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and I downloaded the trial version. No problem, until I tried to import a video in the source window. Appears a small window that says "importing" and give to play in the source window and start .Audio be heard, but not the image. I've tried different video formats and always the same. The same video are seamlessly Quick Time and other video viewers ..... I do not know what to do, I think I've tried everything, even restart the computer to its factory settings and install Adobe Premiere vacuum and the problem remains. I tested with a trial of Premiere CS5.5 and got it. You hear the audio but no video . Insert the video in the timeline and recognizes it as such, even the first frame, but said, is not seeing in the "source", nor in the preview, only the audio.

What could it be? Am I you could lend a hand I'm desperate?

thank you very much

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 6:55 PM   in reply to Oren Tarrio

Where exactly did you get the video files?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 9:41 PM   in reply to Oren Tarrio

I have the vídeos in a hard-disk.

That's where they are now.  I was asking specifically where they came from originally?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 5:47 PM   in reply to Oren Tarrio

I would download, install and use MediaInfo to tell you the full specs. of those files. The formats, such as AVI, MPEG, MOV, etc., are less useful, but by looking "inside" those formats, to find out the CODEC used, will likely tell the tale.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 5:47 PM   in reply to Oren Tarrio

My best guess at this point is that your video simply isn't something PP can work with.  You may want to try a more consumer level editor, which can often be more accomodating to such videos.  Or, you could try conversion to something that PP can work with.  I like the following:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/XviD4PSP

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points