Skip navigation
toepfer
Currently Being Moderated

Adding video clips to slide project

Apr 24, 2013 9:54 PM

I am using Elements 10 and do a lot of editing in slide show projects. I want to add video clips that are iin my catalog to my slide project. Every time I click on video clips it tells me I have to go to Premiere to activate. Is there a simpler way? I usually don't go to Premiere until I want to burn a disc and don't know how to do this. I don't need to edit the video clips. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 3:40 PM   in reply to toepfer

Premiere Elements shouldn't be required to add video files to a slideshow, only to export that slideshow to DVD. However, if you are using MPEG based video files, you may need Premiere Elements to activate a compatible codec. What type of video files are you trying to work with?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to toepfer

MP4 is an MPEG based video format. Do you have Premiere Elements or something else that will install a compatible MPEG codec? The one we use is created by MainConcept. Something similar to this would be required. Are you able to play these files in Windows Media Player (this is the technology that the slideshows in Elements are based on). Being able to play the videos in any other player doesn't matter (many players have special codecs that are only used by that player itself and are not shared with the rest of the computer).

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 5:31 PM   in reply to toepfer

When you install Premiere Elements, you automatically get the MPEG codec we use (MainConcept). You may have also installed additional MPEG codecs in a similar fashion without knowing it. Having multiple different codecs on a system can cause conflicts. So although you have the codec that makes MPEG files work with Adobe products, you may also have another codec which the system is using as its primary that doesn't work with Adobe.

Are you able to play the files in another application? If you double-click on one of the files, what application do they open in. This default application may be the source of additional codecs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points