Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Font problem

Apr 24, 2013 11:14 PM

Tags: #fonts_issue

Hi

I am using Mac OSX 10.8.3  and can view a font "Curlz MT" in my font book and use it in applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator etc.  If I use finder to find the font, no luck, it is also not stored in Library>Fonts.  I am trying to see if I can use it in @fontface for use in website but cant seem to find it on my system.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 11:21 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

That's a Microsoft Font, usually ships with MS Office.  Maybe it gets installed in the hidden Library in Lion and Mountain Lion.  I don't know about the Lions.

Curlz is a whimsical serif typeface designed by Carl Crossgrove and Steve Matteson in 1995 for Agfa Monotype. While decorative and without a historical model, the face bears comparison with the Emigre foundry's 1991 typeface Remedy designed by Frank Heine.

A TrueType version of Curlz shipped as part of the original Microsoft Project font set, and with Microsoft Office for Macintosh.

This might help you:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Curlz+MT%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&r ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 4:32 AM   in reply to broomeGirl

You said the font is listed in Font Book, so right-click its name and pick Reveal In Finder. At least that works in Snow Leopard.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 5:29 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

broomeGirl wrote:

Hi

I am using Mac OSX 10.8.3  and can view a font "Curlz MT" in my font book and use it in applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator etc.  If I use finder to find the font, no luck, it is also not stored in Library>Fonts.  I am trying to see if I can use it in @fontface for use in website but cant seem to find it on my system.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Unless you have a script to force the font on the page from the server, it's NEVER a good idea to use anything other than standard web fonts for a site. People who don't have the same font installed will simply see the default font per their browser so it wastes the effort to use it. Just my $0.02

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 6:10 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

broomeGirl wrote:

…I was then able to navigate from font squirrel only to find out they have blacklisted the font from being used…

Hehehe…  they're just trying to protect you from Microsoft and that butt-ugly typeface. 

Seriously, if you must have that look, try checking out the Remedy font by Emigré.

http://www.emigre.com/OT/Remedy

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 11:23 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

You can purchase the font from MyFonts, and purchase the web font as well.

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/mti/curlz-mt/buy.html

Then you can use it for PS/AI or whatever and live on the web site.

Mike

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points