The font Tahoma was replaced with (Adobe Arabic) in my document, when I find replace with Tahoma it turns into boxes and squares.
I opened a new document and tried a new text box with Tahoma and it works fine, when I copy paste to the other document, it turns into squares again.
That is confusing. Any suggested solution?
Check if the language assigned to these texts makes any difference. This works in tandem with the World Ready Composer -- if your current font does't have Arabic, ID automatically switches to Adobe Arabic.
Something like that, anyway :-) I don't think I've ever used Tahoma in a document to be printed.
I did. For some reason it is switching to the default font (Adobe Arabic). When I select the entire text no font shows on the Charachter panel, when I select individual words it shows (Adobe Arabic) and (Tahoma) in the spaces between words!
Finally I figured it out!
Indesign was replacing Tahoma with the Arabic default font which is Adobe Arabic, and when I change it to Tahoma it was desplaying as empty squares because the font (Tahoma) that I have installed does not contain the Arabic characters!
I reinstalled Tahoma (with Arabic) and it works