Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Framemaker 9 PDF errors

Apr 25, 2013 8:11 AM

Hi Folks,

I am attempting to generate a PDF from a book in Framemaker 9. I cannot begin to attempt to estimate how many times I've created this previously with no problems. Now, the PDF shows none of the formatting and is missing much of the content. Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Do you have any solutions for it?

I try to save as PDF. When I create a PS file and try to generate a PDF I get an error message and the PDF generation fails. I remind you that this document has been generated into PDF succesfully several times with no issues.

I contacted Adobe Support. They refuse to provide any for my version of Framemaker.

Regards,

Niall.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 8:22 AM   in reply to drimnafinagle

what's your o/s? - a vaguely remember a hotfix for Windows XP that fixed PDF drop out issues - it's a font-handling issue with Windows

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to drimnafinagle

Niall,

If you provide the details of the error message that Distiller spits out, it might help provide some clues as to what's possibly going wrong in your current files. Also, which version of Acrobat, what joboptions were used, is the Adobe PDF printer instance the default for the FM session, etc., i.e. all of the usual suspects.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 8:42 AM   in reply to drimnafinagle

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 8:46 AM   in reply to drimnafinagle

Unless you're trying to create the archival versions of the PDF, don't use any of the PDF/A options. Use the joboptions specific for the type of deliverable required.

Since you're seeing dropouts, are these sections specific to any fonts that you're using? Also, check that your Distiller configuration is still pointing the locations on your system that contain the fonts you've used in the FM document. Distiller needs to have these explicitly set. It doesn't query the system for the font locations.

For an XP system, you need to have the MS hotfix installed that Jeff mentions. See: http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/07/repost_hotfix_for_framemaker.h tml

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points