Skip navigation
Alex DeJesus 496 posts
Jul 25, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Dynamic Link Workflow w/ Premiere

Apr 25, 2013 11:28 AM

In CS6, I am working a Premiere project, but I want to make a title in After Effects. So I have a title in AE dynamically linked to Premiere. Now, I want to bring the Premiere sequence into AE to work out some timing issues, but encountered an error (5027 ::12). What specifically does that error mean? Are we not able to round trip between AE and Premiere? And if not, what is the workaround?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 8:53 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

Import the .prpro file into AE without the linked title on it.  Then you can see your footage and then edit your title on top of it.  Then you can switch betwee AE and PrPro and the edits will automatically update when you switch between them.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 9:29 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

Yes.  Doing the title after your footage is edited will make things a lot easier because you won't have to keep tweeking your titles every time you make an edit.  I usually edit first, then After Effects, and then render the AE file out of Adobe Media Encoder.

Sometimes you have to make exceptions but that's generaly the workflow I use.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

Right, take off the AE comp from your PrPro sequence and then import the sequence into AE.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 10:57 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

Can you screen cap your timeline and the title composition?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 6:27 PM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

Screenshots and sample movies are often very useful in showing exactly what you're seeing, and can thus make getting an answer faster and easier. FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

There's a website called imgur.com that you can upload your pics to and you can just post the link in a comment on here.  It's super easey to set up an account and they don't spam you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to Alex DeJesus

Take off the AE titles in PrPro and import the PrPro sequence into AE and edit your title from there.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points