Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Play vs. Enter

Apr 25, 2013 11:30 AM

When authoring a simple one button DVD, it works great if you press enter on your remote to activate the button, but if you press play on your remote you're screwed. Apparently this simple problem has been debated for years in the forums.

When you put your DVD out into the world most people will opt to press play so it amazes me that this has yet to be resolved. You need to have the ability when authoring to make the play button do the smae thing that the enter button does to activate play mode. Has anyone out there solved this yet?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 12:01 PM   in reply to bvawter

I have a Sony BluRay player that acts the same with commercial movies... the Pause/Play button works ONLY once the movie is actually playing, not to start the movie from the menu

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 10:33 AM   in reply to bvawter

Whether or not you can use Play depends on your player.  Not all of them will work that way.  Some players require you to hit Enter from the menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to bvawter

Please re-read #1 and #2 - this is NOT something Adobe may do with Encore... this is built-in to the hardware of the player, not the disc

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 7:36 PM   in reply to bvawter

Yes, we can dream!

Encore (and other authoring software) use special commands to make authoring easier, but ultimately, they encode (build) the files onto the disk in a way that allows DVD players to play the disk. Encore (nor other authoring programs) does not interact with the player.

Scripting may help in some situations, but I do not know if this is one. In any event, Encore does not do scripting.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points