Skip navigation
info-junkie90
Currently Being Moderated

Optimizing images for website

Apr 25, 2013 1:47 PM

Tags: #photoshop #images #info #optimize #minecraft #info-junkie.com #junkie #info-junkie

So I have several images that have been edited / created via photoshop on my website http://www.info-junkie.com i saved this images as saved for html or something along those lines, which greatly reduced their size. However, I am still running into problems when loading my site. Upon checking site loading time tools, it is showing that most of my problems are coming from large image file size. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to optimize my images for my site?

Again that site is http://www.info-junkie.com

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,982 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 2:15 PM   in reply to info-junkie90

I cleared my browsers cache took a snapshot then loaded you page something like 17 files were downloaded the largest one 150KB your background. Nothing big???

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

f_005181.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 2:20 PM   in reply to info-junkie90

Upon checking site loading time tools, it is showing that most of my problems are coming from large image file size.

Got an example of an oversized image?

That site is powered by Wordpress so if you're uploading images via Wordpress then the Wordpress engine should be automatically compressing image sizes to acceptable limits when you upload them.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 9:48 PM   in reply to info-junkie90

I wouldn't put too much stock in those testing tools. Unless you are targeting some poor sap in the middle of nowhere with a lousy mobile connection and a 10 year old phone, the loading times are okay for an uncached page. Of course there's the question of whether the large image is necessary, considering that most of it is covered up most of the time, but no need to overobsess... The biggest problem I had was DNS resolution, since apaprently the method you chose to host your site uses a lot of roaming IPs and requires a lot of DNS requests therefore, when not cached with the local provider...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points