Skip navigation
grantleygee
Currently Being Moderated

No HTML 5 features in cloud trial DW CS6?

Apr 25, 2013 5:05 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #trial #missing_features #html5 #cs6 #cloud

I am moving into html5/css3 territory and am casting around for a suitable editor so downloaded the DW Cloud trial only to find I couldn't try out new features such as insert  html5 media because the options are not available in the trial, which is V12.0.

The application appears to work well but I have been using an older DW version at work I and see no real advantage to shelling out for this one.

If I did pay though, would those features appear or would I be restricted to hand coding?

Can I try before I buy?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 10:42 PM   in reply to grantleygee

An update rolled out for Creative Cloud includes HTML5 media options. Anyway, Creative Cloud entitles you to receive all updates the moment they get released - unlike regular perpetual licenses where updates are rolled out at a later stage.

From your trial, try clicking Help > Update to see if you're able to update your trial version.

An official blogpost from DW team here: http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2012/09 that explains the HTML5 media features that were included in one of the DW Creative Cloud updates in September last year.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 11:31 PM   in reply to grantleygee

Can you check the first solution in this doc and let us know if it solved your problem?

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/convert-cs6-licensed-under-cc m.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 2:39 AM   in reply to grantleygee

Grantlaygee, if you install Dw from Creative Cloud(CC), you will be elligible for the new 12.1 feature bearing updates. So, it does not matter if you are using a trial version or a registered version from CC.

Ideally, you should get that 12.1 update option via Adobe Application Manager.

But since you are not getting that option, uninstall and re-install the trial from CC will be the next option for you.

Let me know how it goes.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to grantleygee

It seems that you had perpetual product installed before on this machine due to which its detecting it as a perpetual product.

So, we might need to clean them and check. Be careful though as those folders can affect other Adobe Creative software.

Rename the folder to OLDSLCache : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

And C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore to OLDSLStore.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points