Skip navigation
XianMusic
Currently Being Moderated

How can I view my latest downloaded fonts ONLY in photoshop?

Apr 25, 2013 9:57 PM

Tags: #custom #photoshop #help #font #adobe #out #this #type #at #all #figure #cant #downloaded #face #downloadable

This has always troubled me greatly. How can I view my latest downloaded fonts ONLY in photoshop, rather than having to sort through all the stock ones as well.

I'd love if I could view them as a sectioned off category, similar to how fonts in different languages seem to have their own little nested categories with divider lines above/below them.

This is a problem that's really bugged me for years now..

I can't stand it anymore as it really seems to be ruining my workflow having to go through each font or look as tiny previews to try and hunt for the perfect type face...

Not only that but it seems you can't highlite text and use the up/down arrows to sort through them which would help my issue slightly.

Can anyone provide some answers for these 2 issues, primarily the first one? Thanks, greatly appreciated

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 10:18 PM   in reply to XianMusic

No...this is a system thing, has nothing to do with Photoshop. You would be better off looking into a font management utility.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 10:21 PM   in reply to XianMusic

1. Did you expect to get all kinds of replies in just 10 minutes?  That's not just unrealistic but it borders on the pathological.  Really.

2. Photoshop is not the optimal appliacton to work with text. 

3. There's no substitute for knowing what your fonts look like in your head.  If you are into typography you should be using InDesign or Illustrator.

4. A font manager like FontAgent Pro will let you scroll through text samples in an infinite variety of typefaces.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points