Skip navigation
leemharrison
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver Novice - problem with re-loading gallery page?

Apr 25, 2013 10:43 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #css3 #easy #rotator

Hi,

This is my first time here and I'm not sure if I am able to just post questions asking for help / advice!??

I have a new site which I have just completed and I have included an easy rotator gallery slide show. Which is all working ok however when you click from another page to the slideshow (gallery) link the whole page reloads, it just looks a bit clunky and unprofessional. Any advice pointers would be much appreciated..

Thank you

Lee.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2013 10:46 PM   in reply to leemharrison

This is my first time here and I'm not sure if I am able to just post questions asking for help / advice!??

No problem at all. Ask away.

I have a new site which I have just completed and I have included an easy rotator gallery slide show. Which is all working ok however when you click from another page to the slideshow (gallery) link the whole page reloads, it just looks a bit clunky and unprofessional. Any advice pointers would be much appreciated..

Best if you upload the site to the web and post a link here so we can view it in our browsers.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 11:55 AM   in reply to leemharrison

I'm not seeing any page load lag time in Firefox 20 with fiber optics connection.  How fast is your internet connection?  Which browsers are you using?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 12:42 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

I saw a flash moving back and forth a few times.

Your typical viewer is never, never, never going to see that flash and think anything of it. They certainly won't think the site is clunky or unprofessional because it took a split second for their browser to parse the code.

I really think you're worrying about a non-issue here.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points