Skip navigation
Dewey McTaggert
Currently Being Moderated

How to download photos from oldest to newest

Apr 25, 2013 9:46 PM

PSE 11 downloads my files and renames them from newest to oldest. I want to start the numbering from the oldest photo. I have the Organizer preferences set to sort from oldest to newest but it does not make a difference.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 11:34 AM   in reply to Dewey McTaggert

Are you importing your images from your camera with Adobe Photoshop Downloader (APD)?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 2:12 AM   in reply to Dewey McTaggert

You must have some option set to rename your files. Mine come right from my camera with the file name that is created by the camera, which is in sequental order. When I display the pictures in PSE I generally have "newest" checked but there is an option for "oldest".

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to Dewey McTaggert

I just played with some files using the std dialog and the advanced dialog,both with a rename. My renames are coming in oldest to newest. I would guess you have something wrong in preferences that brings them in backwards. You might want to consider resetting preferences back to default, try the import. Via trial and error as you reset preferences to your "normal" settings hopefully you will find which one triggered the problem.

Let me know how it goes.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 12:54 AM   in reply to Dewey McTaggert

My went over 2 days and was fine. Your problem now is probably your "sort by" order is "newest" instead of "oldest". Keep us updated.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points