Skip navigation
Demon665
Currently Being Moderated

Preview area in slow motion

Apr 26, 2013 1:21 AM

Tags: #problem #audio #premiere #preview #sound #slow #render #motion #elements_4.0 #workarea

I have a copy of Premiere Elements 4.0 which I have been using for quite a while and I have run across a new problem that I have never run into before. I was working on a new project when suddenly my preview area started showing everything in slow motion (complete with slowed sound) and I can't seem to get it back. Even with starting a new project and rendering the work area.

The video size I'm working with is standard YouTube size 760 x 620. It is an HD file too.

My computer specs:

Windows Vista Pro

Dual Intel Quad Cores 2.3 a head

16 gig RAM

NVidia GTX 680 MaxCore 55 (1 gig)

1.2 tb avaible HDD space

If anyone can tell me why it suddenly decided to do this, I'd be greatly thankful.

Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 4:29 AM   in reply to Demon665

760x620 is not a standard YT size (or is that a preset within E4?)

HD should read 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

If its a file downloaded from YT, E4 does not edit that very well (either mp4 or flv)

Convert to something E4 edits well.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 5:23 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

Are you saying you downloaded your video from YouTube? If so, we'll need to know the file specs. There are so many YouTube downloaders out there.

Open the file in a program like G Spot or Media Info and post the specs, in particular the the frame rater, format and audio and video codecs.

Version 4 is not a very versatile version of the program. It can work pretty much exclusively with camcorder footage, ideally footage from miniDV and HDV camcorders.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 3:16 PM   in reply to Demon665

As I said, we can't help you until you give us the specs of the file, as listed in G Spot or Media Info.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points