Skip navigation
wes-hawaii
Currently Being Moderated

you changed this service at a really bad time...

Apr 26, 2013 2:25 AM

...near the end of my elem school photo course. I teach several upper elementary classrooms part time and Photoshop.com on iPads (shared) was the method we used for learning and saving individually. So a few weeks before we are done -- and leaving me with incomplete evaluations -- you guys close the upload to photoshop.com. I can't get staff to re-image all the machines to use a new app late in the semester and then train the kids. I was trining them to reliably upload to their albums...

The transition was too fast and rolled out without the kind of advance warning educators need to plan and implement tech solutions for situations like mine where 140 kids are affected. Using iPads and dealing with Apple is hard enough (not the education benefit everyone thinks) but Adobe isn't being a good education partner in this case.

Adobe, you made a lot of hours spent working and supporting this solution through the semester COMPLTELY WASTED.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 3:54 PM   in reply to wes-hawaii

Hello

We are sorry that you are not happy with the migration to Revel.

It's often said, "technology is always changing" -- in the years since the launch of photoshop.com, our users have increasingly moved to mobile devices as the initial means to interact, enhance, and manage their photos.  Many users want to access their thousands of photos on multiple devices, along with the libraries of others in their household.  To enable this experience, we created a new service that enables access to your entire library across multiple devices and users. This new service is not meant to be a replacement for Photoshop.com, but to address the changing needs introduced by the new multi-device world we now live in.

Given this shift in device technology, we have refocused the desktop and web components to be more focused on archiving, organization, and sharing across devices.

We are listening.  We realize there are some additional features that you would like to see added that don't extend too far beyond this new mission, and we're working diligently to add them to the Adobe Revel experience, including adoberevel.com.

Thanks

Scott

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points