Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Incorporating Albums in my website

Apr 26, 2013 4:13 AM

Tags: #pse_11_albums #elements_11_albums #incorporate_albums #integrate_albums

I can save PSE 11 Albums to my hard drive, and it creates a tidy little package that I should be able to link to from within my website (pointing to the index.html file).

However, this doesn't work.

I'm using Web Easy as my development tool (because such tools as Dreamweaver and Expression Web are entirely beyond my ken), and it has all the options I'd think necessary to simply "bolt on" PSE Albums.

I can launch the album from Windows explorer without any problem, but when linked to my site, the index.html file seems only to check whether the proper version of Flash is installed. I can't get it to execute past that point.

And no, I don't want to host the albums on a third-party resource (including any of Adobe's). That's what I'm paying my current hosting company for.

Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to kritzberg

The Albums only exist with the Elements Organizer catalog file. This file is a SQLite database. I'm not sure what you mean by Windows Explore launching your Albums, because I can't think of any way in which that would work. Not sure how you are even trying to connect a web page to the Albums either. Perhaps we are using the work Albums incorrectly and are actually talking about something else.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2013 5:28 AM   in reply to kritzberg

This works OK for me. You need to upload the entire folder to your website normally using FTP. It goes in the hmtl docs folder of your root directory. For example I upload a folder of photos called London. So the link then becomes:

http://99jonetc…../London/index.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to kritzberg

I think I know what you are up to now, you are exporting/sharing your Albums as Web Galleries. So, these web galleries are all inclusive, they have all the files required to operate a web page. You can just FTP them directly to your hosting service, then you would just send the link to those you want to share it with, or you could add a link to the host page (default is index.html, but you'll probably want to rename that before upload).

Are you making sure to upload the entire folder that is generated when exporting teh web gallery? This is full of required support files to make the main page work. If you only upload index.html, all of the other files that its code refers to will be missing and could result in the behavior you are reporting.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 9:07 AM   in reply to kritzberg

Neither am I. These web galleries are provided "as is". They are fully functioning on their own, and you could put them all up on your website via FTP without using another application, you'd just have to change the name of index.html, then they could all sit side by side. I'm not sure why Web Easy doesn't like these galleries and their support files, it may have to do with the Easy bit, that it simplifies the process and cuts out the support files.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points