Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Reflection for a shape tween..how ?

Apr 26, 2013 4:00 AM

Tags: #shape #reflection #shape_tween

Hi

Flash CS5

I have created reflections so far for MovieClips which are just static png images within the MC, as the MC travels across stage, the reflection travels with it.

I also have an MC of a human standing which, within the MC, it starts as a png, then I have traced that as shapes each with a matching colour fill, I shape tween each of those shapes to become the shape of the ending png (human fallen down) then that png continues to show for the duration of MC timeline.

There are 12 shapes that each tween. (legs , feet etc)

This MC also travels across stage a short distance.

Ideally I need reflections for each of the 29 frames during the fall, either of the combined shapes per frame, or of each of the 12 shapes per frame. The latter would mean a lot of MC's !...as it takes two MC's per subject reflection and some code to make a reflection. (maths 12 x 2 x 29 = 696 MC's !)...impractical !

Method of reflection is a reduced height png is MC'd with e.g. MC and instance name SideView and also a graduated colour rectangle black/white matching this shape is placed over this and MC'd with e.g. MC name and instance name of SideViewMask_mc with white nearest subject, white alpha 30% black 0% my chosen transparency. Then coded.

SideView.cacheAsBitmap=true;

SideViewMask_mc.cacheAsBitmap=true;

SideView.mask=SideViewMask_mc

How can I make my reflection for the shape tween ?

I wondered if for the speed of the fall I could just have reflection MC set for him upright and a reflection MC set for him fallen and Classic Tween those ?...or could the combined shape seen by the human eye per frame be given reflection. Thats still 29 frames each with a different shape.

Envirographics

Replies
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 26, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to Envirographics

you could apply reflections to your final movieclip (repeatedly using an enterframe loop).

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 9, 2013 6:36 AM   in reply to Envirographics

try it.

i'm not sure what your figure is doing but, if your movieclip's bitmap representation is changing (ie, it's not just moving horizontally/vertically), you'll probably need to update the reflection repeatedly until the bitmap no longer changes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points