Skip navigation
cjherch
Currently Being Moderated

Resize stage but keep content in center?

Apr 26, 2013 8:02 AM

Tags: #app #cs5 #flash #iphone #as2 #movieclip #resize #stage

I am prototyping an iPhone app in Flash CS5 using a little ActionScript 2.0. I have developed the app completely and now want to put it in an iphone frame for demonstration. Is it possible to create a new document with an iphone in it and place the main file inside of it, like a movie clip? Will this mess up actions that target .root and frame labels on the main timeline? Especially as there are many nested movie clips that use .root to target frame labels in the main timeline.

My other idea is to enlarge the stage size of the document and place the iphone image directly in there, however the existing components are meticulously placed and spaced out so is there a way of enlarging the document so that the current parts stay in the center? Any ideas would be VERY much appreciated.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 26, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to cjherch

you can't use as2 in an iphone app.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 26, 2013 9:31 AM   in reply to cjherch

you can load your current swf into another swf and then resize it however you like in your new swf.

if you used _root in your current swf, you can use the following in your current swf to prevent _root problems when it's loaded into another swf:

this._lockroot=true;

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 26, 2013 12:36 PM   in reply to cjherch

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This