Skip navigation
crystalgem59
Currently Being Moderated

cant open my pictures

Apr 26, 2013 9:54 AM

i done some photos in photoshop and now i cant open them why  it says they are not a valid photoshop document  or end of file was encountered  i used elements 6.0 and elements 10

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to crystalgem59

Hi there, because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop Elements forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

To help others help you, please read through this article and provide any additional relevant details.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to crystalgem59

These errors indicate that either the file is corrupted (damaged after saving or not saved correctly originally). Often these errors can occur because they are not the right type of document. So the file name is xxxx.psd but the file is actually a JPEG, so it's name should be xxxx.jpg.

First, try changing the file name to make sure the extension is correct.

Second, if you files are actually corrupt (you may be able to tell by looking at the file size, extremely small file sizes, such as less than 100 kb could be an indicator) you may need to try saving your files to a different location on your hard drive as the location you are using may be damaged.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points