Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Drawing an arrow with Photoshop timeline

Apr 26, 2013 11:14 AM

I want to draw a directional arrow on top of a background image.

And then render/export it as a video, and use it in an image sequence for INDD DPS (so when the image is activated in an iPad app, the arrow draws across the image on the screen - hope that makes sense).

Is there a way to create this arrow drawing using Timeline in CS6?

Can anyone point me to a tutorial that might explain how to do this.

Thanks!

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Apr 26, 2013 2:08 PM   in reply to ediblesf

A couple of questions.  Is this a video to begin with or a frame animation? If you want an image sequence why are you rendering a video rather then an image sequence?

With Photoshop Frame animation it very ease to create a arrow moving across the screen. You just need to create a single layer with and arrow in it. Create frame one with the arrow positioned on let say the left edge of the display. Add a second frame and position the arrow going off the right of the display.  The use Photoshop frame animation palette's option Tween to generate as many frames as you want between the two frame you created.  Frame animation cal also be converted to video.  Using the Video Timeline you can also transform layers so I think you should be able to move an arrow layer across the display in a similar manner using two transforms for the in point and the out point. However I can not say for sure for I have never tried it.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Apr 26, 2013 5:45 PM   in reply to ediblesf

Use the line tool set it to add a arrow head create a pixeles  in a empty layer or add a shape layer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points