Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How does one increase the y-axis (amplitude) of the audio tracks?

Apr 26, 2013 2:58 PM

Tags: #audio #audio_tracks

How does one increase the y-axis (amplitude) of the audio tracks? My patient appears to have flatlined. I don't want to increase the gain, just the way the waveform looks on my monitor.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 3:14 PM   in reply to DrDtMM

Have you tried widening the track size?

Just hover over the seams between the track headers in Expert view, then click and drag. (I'm assuming you're using version 11, since you don't say.)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 5:00 PM   in reply to DrDtMM

DrDtMM

The "Expert view" is a part of the new interface of Premiere Elements 11. In your version 10, you have the Timeline and the Sceneline view choices.

For now, I will assume that you are in the Timeline view where you utilize video and audio tracks and not a Filmstrip with scene slots.

I suspect that you may be after the following. Let us see.

To the right of where it shows the name "Audio 1" is a microphone icon. That represents the "Audio Display Style". There are two Audio Display Styles and you can select one or the other by toggling that microphone icon.

a. In one instance, you will see the wave form plus a horizontal orange line which is typically the Volume Rubberband for Volume adjust. This Display Style has a light green background.

and

b. In the other case, you will see a dark horizontal line, no wave form. That dark line is on a light green background.

I suspect you are at "b". Are you aware that "a" exists.

If you want a really blown up version of "a" to look at, you could separate the audio from the video, double click the audio to open the Preview Windows, and then scale up the Preview Window.

We will be watching for your follow up to see if we are getting in sync.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2013 5:33 PM   in reply to DrDtMM

.So very glad that suggestion was what you were looking for.

I always call that Audio Display Style icon a microphone, but you are right it does look like a speaker, especially if you compare it to the narration icon. And, I should have said the icon to the left of Audio 1, not right (Sorry about that. I will edit that if I can where I wrote that originally.)

Also be advised that Video also offers Video Track Display Styles. In that case there are 4. You toggle the icon (filmstrip looking to me) to the left of Video 1 (or the appropriate video track). There the horizontal "rubberband" is typically for Opacity adjusts.

Thanks for the follow up with the great news.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points