Skip navigation
Rod Lord
Currently Being Moderated

FTP upload progress info

Apr 26, 2013 6:23 PM

When I'm delivering to client and uploading several movies of up to a Gb or more I quite like to have some idea of progress.

So I've got used to opening the Log window.

This is fine as long as there's only one file going up.

The moment there's more the progress bar ceases to function and is replaced by a bit of text that says something like "0 of 5 files uploaded".

This gives a slowly increasing count as each file completes, but absolutely no notion of progress on each file.

Also, although Dreamweaver is obviously still open the moment it is no longer the foreground application the Log window disappears.

Files Window is still there - but no Log window or progress bar. Not very helpful when trying to keep an eye on large uploads as deadline looms.

Also ... I hate tabs and always use document windows instead. Unfortunately I can't convince Dreamweaver not to fill the entire screen area every time a new document is opened.

This is extremely tiresome as I have to drag the size adjustment for every one so that I can still see other pages and documents in other applications simultaneously. This happens a lot with Adobe applications which all seem to be impossible to convince not to behave like this.

Even Word is capable of remembering the last document window size and position.

Not sure if these things are something I can sort with preference settings ?

If so I have failed to stumble across any info.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2013 2:19 PM   in reply to Rod Lord

I never use DW to FTP large media files.  I always use FileZilla for this.  It shows me everything I need.

I very much like tabbed viewing; wouldn't work any other way.  But to answer your question, DW does not remember window size.  You're not the first person to mention this.

Feel free to submit a feature request below.  

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points