Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone using AMD Radeon HD 7800 series graphics card?

Apr 26, 2013 6:00 PM

Tags: #amd #radeon #graphics_card

I'm having a lot of glitchy problems with Photoshop CS6.  I believe it's because of the graphics card.  The image keeps disappearing and reappearing as I make adjustments, the Waccom table controls (for sizing brushes) suddenly stops working.  When I touch the Waccom pen to tablet the cursor turns into a spinning tarus.  I reboot, and it's OK for a little while, then starts acting up again.  I've changed the Graphics Processor Settings from Advanced, to Normal, to Basic.  Same problem no matter what.

I'm running on Windows 8.  Intel i5 processors.  The program is loaded on an SSD drive.  The scratch disk is 3 TB so it shouldn't be a memory/space issue.  The card driver is up to date.

Anybody else with this graphics card having the same problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 6:06 PM   in reply to Repp7

Have you updated to the AMD 13.4 drivers?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 7:32 PM   in reply to Repp7

I have a Radeon HD 7850 in my workstation running Windows 7 x64, and I love the thing to death.

Trouble is, AMD hasn't released a driver worth a damn in nearly 8 months!  12.8 was good.

The good news is that some of the recent betas, and the Catalyst 13.4 release (2 days ago) seem to work well with Photoshop.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points