I am so frustrated I am almost in tears. I created a menu in a roughly 7 page website and used DW Library menu to put it on additional pages. Everything was working fine and then I changed a path to one of my links and hit the button to update the rest of the pages and that's when it happend. My CSS was gone, no longer applying to any of my menus. I created an additional CSS sheet just to style my menu and it worked fine up until I changed a frickin link to one my menu icons. Now my CSS sheets won't apply at all. I have no idea what has happened and why me changing the path of a link would void out my styles. Has anyone else had this happen? Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The file paths have now been changed. Most likely the <link> calling the stylesheets in your <head> is no longer pointing to the right directory location. You'll need to check this in the affected pages. I used to get this all the time when I'd move files in Explorer or Finder (on my MacBook) but then I started dragging and dropping in the Files panel to make "live changes". DW does a much better job of updating links that way.
Dlewis78: Can you post the full code (HTML page) to one of the 7 pages? Or, if you have a webhost, upload your files there and give us the link so we can see what could have caused your CSS to break.
I don't want to rub salt into your wounds here, but why are you using Library Items for menus? That's what DW Templates are for.
Or better still, Server-Side Includes.
Shortcomings of Library Items: they cannot be inserted into the <head> tags of documents. Nor can they contain code that belongs in the <head> tags. Library items can only be inserted into the <body> tags.
My advice is to run your code through the online validation tools below and fix reported errors.
HTML - http://validator.w3.org/
If you can't solve the problem yourself, upload page(s) and supporting files to a public web space you control and post the URL here.
Thank you all! I figured out what was going on I think. For some odd
reason, my div ID tags were no longer included in the syntax. When I went
and put the correct ID's back in, everything fell back into place.
I am still relatively new to DW, jumped from CS4 right into CS6 and haven't
learned how to do menus differently yet. I'm definitely going to take a
look at the recommendations provided. I really don't like library items.