Skip navigation
tiffanymichelefloyd
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with Bridge

Apr 26, 2013 7:47 PM

Tags: #bridge #cs6

When I open Bridge everything freezes, I cant navigate at all and actually have to force quit to get out.  Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2013 8:58 PM   in reply to tiffanymichelefloyd

We need to know a lot more to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

Also, because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 28, 2013 1:34 PM   in reply to tiffanymichelefloyd

I have ps cs6 and I'm sure its the most recent update because I just subscribed to an annual membership 1 mth ago.

You can only be sure if you have checked for updates. If you have a CC subscription it should indeed warn you about updates but generally using CC for the first is not providing you with the latest updates, it has something to do with what has been placed on the Adobe Servers and when but I had to install everything again for my new computer and that also meant to check for updates, there where a lot…

A message comes up in bridge that says its encountered a problem and is unable to read cache. It says to purge the central cache in cache preferences to correct the situation.

First try this, restart bridge holding down option key, from the provided menu choose both reset preferences and purge central cache, the third option is auto selected already.

Then try again if it works.

If not report back, then you have delete things manually from the user library.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 28, 2013 2:55 PM   in reply to tiffanymichelefloyd

So can I open "browse in bridge" from ps then go to system pref under apple symbol or pref under adobe bridge?

No, just hold down option (alt) key while starting Bridge (i have it permanent in the Dock but otherwise choose application folder / Adobe Bridge CS6 and inhere find the application itself - the one with the icon in front-) and this provides you with a menu showing the mentioned options.

If I clear the cache will I lose or erase anything?

Yes, you will lose the previous build thumbnails and previews, they need to be rebuild again, this only takes a bit of time depending on amount and file size.

Once the cache file has been corrupted (it happens sometimes for various unknown reasons)  I'm afraid you can only get out with starting cache from scratch. All previous settings made in ACR on your jpeg or Raw files are still there and the will reappear once you rebuild the cache, it is only a bit annoying and time consuming, no more, no less :-0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points