Skip navigation
KCav45
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere crash happy

Apr 26, 2013 10:03 PM

How can it be that Adobe Premiere 3 crahes every time I click on a Project name.  Yesterday it opened the project.  Today, when I click on Adobe Premiere 3 the program opens, thencI click a project name and it crahes.

KC

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2013 5:50 AM   in reply to KCav45

KCav45

What is the operating system, including 32 or 64 bit, that Premiere Elements 3 is running on?

What about the following?

a. Are you running the Premiere Elements 3.0.2 Update? Assuming Windows...

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3565

b. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements 3.0.2 Update?

c. Are you running Premiere Elements 3.0.2 from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and/or under Run As Administrator?

d. Is this problem that you are reporting one in which the program worked before in the same computer environment and suddenly is not working or one that never worked before?

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 7:11 AM   in reply to KCav45

KC,

Along with ATR's suggestions and questions, you might want to look over this FAQ Entry: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792580?tstart=0

Though written during the time of later versions, nearly everything will apply to earlier versions. It starts with a general checklist of things to do, to get PrE running smoothly, then covers some system and OS tuneup measures, and finishes with links to troubleshooting, including links to some useful tools.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to KCav45

KCav45

Thanks for the follow up.

We are looking forward to your results, especially your look at Premiere Elements 11 Windows 32 bit. The interface alone will take some adjusting to since Premiere Elements 11 represents a major interface revision. These versions remain the same in principle. It is those features that tend to move around or disappear. But, there have been several new features since Premiere Elements 3.0.2.

Please give Premiere Elements 11 a workout and do not hesitate to ask if you need any help in trying to find your favorite 3.0.2 features in 11. They may not be gone, just relocated. We all look forward to the opportunity to help.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 12:57 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

The interface alone will take some adjusting to since Premiere Elements 11 represents a major interface revision.

I agree with you. I liked the PrE 3 interface better, but that is probably because it was closer to that in PrPro. It did the "last great job," for how I like to work. However, the power in PrE 11 seems to overcome what I see (if I CAN see it) in the newer, streamlined GUI.

For new users, things are probably great, as they do not have experience with other types of layout for an NLE.

Even PrPro CS 6 is a departure, and one that I have not fully come to grips with - yet.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points