Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Fade not going all the way through in Main Seq.

Apr 27, 2013 4:36 AM

Tags: #fade

Hi,

I use a sub-seq. to put together a clip to be used in the main-seq. In the sub-seq the fade between two clips there goes all the way through, but when I use this pre-prepared sub-sequence in the main-seq, just at one place, the fade of the sub-seq does not go all the way through as i re-checkt it does correctly in the sub-seq. itself.

Any hints on what I should check to find the reason ?

So far i have also checked that the image i'm fading to has no .png transparency by itself.

http://files.2he.com/uploads2/2013_04_27_13_33_47.jpg

http://files.2he.com/uploads2/2013_04_27_13_36_14.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to fhxfhx

Not quite sure I am following you. However if I think you trying to say that one of your Video Effects is stopping in your sub  comp and then when nested into your comp it is OK?  Try Epanding your View for the T.L sometimes I get left over stuff when trying differnet effects for transitions. "I thought I deleted" Also check to see if Vid 2 is not bumping into Vid 3 Transition. Could be 15 frames making it not co-operate. As far as being OK in your Nested Comp or Main Seq...? Unknown. Usually any defects will carry over and not be ironed out from nesting.

NC

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 10:00 AM   in reply to fhxfhx

Try using a keyframed black video on top of the clips in the sub-sequence instead of a fade.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 10:44 AM   in reply to fhxfhx

No.

New item > black video.

Put it on the timeline in your sub-sequence above the clips at the end.

Keyframe the opacity of the black video from 0% to 100% to create your new "fade."

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 3:40 PM   in reply to fhxfhx

Sorry- I didn't look closely enough at your screen shot. Can you keyframe the opacity instead of using a dissolve?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 8:45 PM   in reply to Peru Bob

I know this sounds crazy, but is your computer GPU accelerated or is it "Mercury Playback Engine software only" in the Project Settings? Is there a difference when you switch between the two? I've found that the video unfortunately shows differently when GPU/CUDA is enabled when dealing with transparency and cross dissolves, etc. It's on my "list at #13" of things that need to be fixed and early signs show that the upcoming next version of PPro may have it fixed, but we'll see. Not sure if this is what's going on here but I figured I'd chime in.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points