Skip navigation
mberlant
Currently Being Moderated

How to force installation package to use English?

Apr 27, 2013 3:12 AM

Although my OS is US English version, I have several other language packs installed.  Whenever I need to update an Adobe product it is a crap shoot as to which of these "other" languages the update installer will choose to display in.  How can I force the installation package to install only in the English language, so that its progress messages and application tools are all only in English?  Is there a registry setting (WinXP or Win7)?  An .ini file setting?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2013 3:46 AM   in reply to mberlant

Please let us know which software you are trying to install on your computer and from where you have downloaded the software.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to mberlant

The default language is determined by your serial nbumber and that's what's used for updates by default as well. Beyond that some programs, but not all will remeber the language they were last run in and use that language. There's no magic button to override any of that, you realyl have to set the apps back to the language they were originalkly serialized in to get working updates in teh default language.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 10:15 AM   in reply to mberlant

By the way, both applications render in US English.  That is, their tool bars and progress messages are in English.  It is just the update installers that run in a random language.  Now that I think about it, it seems that the update installers run in the language of the country I happen to be in at the moment, if that country's language happens to be one that my PC knows about.  I hope this helps.

Ah, I see. That would indeed explain the behavior. in that case you might wanna define a fixed proxy address in your Internet settings, if that is an option...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 9:24 PM   in reply to mberlant

Maybe the behavior will be different if you use the full (offline) installers.

Adobe Reader: http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Flash Player: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-pla yer-windows.html#main-pars_header (under the header Progress Bar Hangs)

If this also fails: is your system language set to something else than English?  I have set my system language to Japanese (on English Windows), and many programs react by displaying only Japanese dialogs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points