Skip navigation
Homefree223
Currently Being Moderated

The upload video to the web button does nothing, It was working yesterday but the upload failed.

Apr 27, 2013 12:25 PM

Yesterday the upload to web function was working fine, this is my first attempt to up load a video to you-tube. It failed yesterday as the library closed and I lost my internet connection. I reworked the video some, rendered it and when I pushed the upload to web button, nothing happens. I am connected to the internet, what is up ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to Homefree223

Welcome to the forum.

First, I would check all the Internet settings in PrE, just to make sure that something is wrong.

Next, I would Publish+Share to a YouTube file, then manually upload that to my YouTube account, to make sure that it is not an issue with the account.

Last, as PrE 11 was written before YouTube fully implemented the new, Extended Accounts, I would check that the Duration is < 10 mins. (the old Duration limit). If it is greater than 10 mins., then the Publish+Share, and manual upload will be the workflow needed.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to Homefree223

Great news.

I anticipate that PrE 12 will offer more YouTube upload options, like Extended Accounts, with greater Duration limits.

Let us know how your processing goes.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 6:03 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt,

As you know, I have several versions of Premiere Elements installed on my Windows 7 64 bit computer. For reference,

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, 10, and 11 all have the Online/YouTube restriction of 2 GB/15 min

whereas

Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 has Online/YouTube restriction 2048 MB/10 min

whereas

Premiere Elements 4 and 7 have Online/YouTube restriction 1024 MB/10 min

Noted, the lesser time for an earlier version was never updated when longer times were established for the later versions.

As for these extended accounts to which you refer,

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=71673

would you not agree that they are applicable ONLY when the upload is at the YouTube web site. I have had users wanting to figure out how to get YouTube to recognize the "extended account" setup at that web site at the level of the Premiere Elements Online/YouTube. Which just is not the case.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 6:13 PM   in reply to Homefree223

Homefree223

What are the properties of the file that you are uploading to YouTube either via Premiere Elements Online/YouTube or via Premiere Elements file upload  the YouTube web site. I have found the H.264.mp4 with an appropriate bitrate gives good video audio quality displaying on YouTube.

Letting us now the properties of the file involved would help

video compression

audio compression

frame size

frame rate

file extension

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 12:53 PM   in reply to Homefree223

homefree223

I will give this a first hand look including a 1080p60 upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site and see what we can accomplish and establish for optimized settings all around.

What video bitrate did you set for your file that you exported from Premiere Elements 11 and uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 5:33 PM   in reply to Homefree223

Homefree223

I have just finished two successful uploads to YouTube at the YouTube web site, both were 1080p60 video (H.264.mp4 produced in Premiere Elements 11 with a target bitrate of about 32 Mbps (megabits per second) and maximum bitrate of about 40 Mbps (megabits per second). The uploads at the YouTube web site went without problems and the quality of the video displayed on YouTube was good. The point of all this was to demonstrate that at this time YouTube was not experiencing problems with a 1080p60 upload at its web site and that the quality of the finished upload was good. Depending on file size requirement, bitrate rates higher than the above can be looked at.

But let us recap to make sure that we have not mis-communicated on any of the details. Please correct me if any of my assumptions were incorrect:

1. You have a 1080p60 Premiere Elements 11 Windows Timeline (Expert view) and you export that to file and then upload that file at the YouTube web site. We have not gone into the specifics of the properties of the Premiere Elements 11 generated file being uploaded, but probably are:

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

MP4- H.264 1920 x 1080p30 (p30 converted to p60 in the settings under Advanced Button/Video Tab...bitrate used Target 32 Mbps and Maximum 40 Mbps)

or

2, Instead, you have been trying to upload your 1080p60 Timeline direct to YouTube from within Premiere Elements 11, via Publish+Share/Online/YouTube where you might be setting Presets = "High Definition Video for YouTube - 1920 x 1080"? You realize that the frame rate for the preset in this case is 30 frames per second, not 60.

If "2" is the focus of the problem, then try approach "1" to determine if that works for you. The disadvantage of the direct upload from within Premiere Elements 11 is that there are no adjustments available for the preset used. It is, what it is.

2. Also, what did you mean by:

"It failed yesterday as the library closed and I lost my internet connection."

Please review the above. I am heading to my Premiere Elements 11 Windows to try approach "2" which I have not yet.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 5:47 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

You have just provided me with information that I have never seen before. Thank you.

I do not do much YouTube uploads, and when I do, the Video has almost always come from PrPro, so I am Exporting, then uploading to my account.

Even with more recent versions of PrE, it seems that users are having issues with Videos with a Duration over the old "limit" of 10 mins., even if they have an Extended Account. Your information indicates that they have other issues, than the old limit.

I greatly appreciate your observations, and will change my future comments, to reflect what you have provided.

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 6:09 PM   in reply to Homefree223

Homefree223

Just completed the 1080p60 Premiere Elements 11 Timeline (Expert view) upload to YouTube from within the Premiere Elements 11 project.

I used Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Online/YouTube with Presets = "High Definition Video for YouTube - 1920 x 1080" which, as I said, is a non adjustable preset with a frame rate of 30 frames per second for the video.

a. the opening of the feature was fast and recognized my ID

b. the processing of the feature as displayed in the YouTube dialog (rendering, uploading, Transferring, Complete...) estimated was 5 to 7 minutes.

c. the quality of the video on YouTube seemed better than that when I uploaded my AVCHD.mp4 (approach 1 described in prior post). Approach 1 took me well over 1/2 hour before I could watch my video on YouTube.

If we sort out the details and results just completed, if problem persists, we might want to look deeper into your Internet connection and the YouTube ID that you are using. What I did when I went "YouTube" not so long ago was to link my gmail email account to my new YouTube account. So, Internet connection and YouTube account details may be the next order of troubleshooting.

Lots of possibilities ahead, including uploading your Premiere Elements 11 Timeline content to Vimeo direct from within Premiere Elements or Premiere Elements file uploaded at the Vimeo web site.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 6:20 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

Thanks. Glad that you found that information useful. As I always say, I have an overactive troubleshooting gene; consequently I accumulate a lot of miscellaneous information which piles up. So, I am glad to share it. My current mischief is creating my first ever Elements blog (no bells and whisles).

We are hoping that the sharing between all in this thread results in homefree223 having a successful first YouTube video.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 8:37 PM   in reply to Homefree223

Homefree223

I was left with the impression that you could not connect to YouTube, so for me your news that you can was good.

If you want to maintain your 1920 x 1080 @ 60 progressive frames per second then Publish+Share/Online/YouTube is not for you. The best you can do there is "High Definition Video for You Tube - 1920 x 1080" which is a non adjustable preset and has a frame rate of 30 frame per second.

So, it would seem that you are forced to edit your 1920 x 1080 @ 60 progressive frames per second in Premiere Elements project and then export to a file type @ 60 frames per second.that will give you the best results in viewing it at YouTube after the upload of that file at the YouTube web site. Going this route gives you more flexibility in the format for the upload file and should have the advantage of the extended time offered from the YouTube web site.. The key is to find THE file type at your wanted frame rate that will give the best results. The end result in all cases is that YouTube with convert whatever you upload to flash video (as far as I have ever known about that).

It is getting late where I am so if you want I will prepare a list of Premiere Elements 11 exports as candidates for the best possible results after their upload to YouTube. For 1080p60, I have been using AVCHD.mp4. I need to explore other possibilities for that. Also, I will review the possibilities for AVCHD.mp4 and others for 1080p24. Exploration of the settings under the Advanced Button of the presets will be the first order of business.

I will work away on this if you want. If you do not want, please let me know. Also, please let me know if you have actually tried to export your Timeline to 1080p60 as I have indicated and if you have tried the upload of that file to the YouTube web site.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 3:41 PM   in reply to Homefree223

Homefree223

Yes. The route with upload at YouTube web site will let you upload AVCHD at 60 fps or whatever you want. I have done that in my road testing of your issue. The site does have preferred choices for video upload. You might want to check them out.

You are not going to get your edited 1080p60 Timeline off the Timeline unless you export it. Do you know all the details of exporting the edited 1080p60 from Premiere Elements 11 as an AVCHD.mp4 @ 60 progressive frames per second file that you can upload to YouTube at YouTube web site? If not, I will review the suggested settings with you.

But, from the practical point of view, for troubleshooting quality matter, please consider:

a. Take Premiere Elements out of the equation

b. Take 1080p60 footage from the camera to your computer hard drive to YouTube web site and upload one of the 1080p60 files at that web site.

c. What does the uploaded YouTube flash video look like? Sometimes it is so welcoming that it asks permission to stabilize your video. You can say yes or no.

Please review these thoughts and, if you have not already taken such actions, please consider doing so.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points