Skip navigation
ddelay
Currently Being Moderated

Encore turning my 16:9 into 4:3

Apr 27, 2013 7:27 PM

Tags: #cs6 #16:9

Encore is creating a 4:3 Monitor window, Preview, and DVD from my 16:9 Premiere sequence so that there ends up being black borders on the sides.  I'm using CS6.  Any solutions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2013 7:29 AM   in reply to ddelay

You may have something wrong in your source footage or Premiere sequence settings.

But first, in Encore, right click the Premiere sequence (not the timeline), right click, and select "Interpret footage." What is the par it says (for the "Use Asset's Pixel Aspect Ratio")? Correct the par.

Are your menus correct?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 1:49 PM   in reply to ddelay

By the way, I've (top and bottom) letterboxed the 16:9 sequence so that it's 2.35.

I'll assume NTSC. DVD is 720x480; the par determines 16:9. Your footage is not being interpreted the way you want; you will probably need to export from Premiere as DVD.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 7:00 AM   in reply to ddelay

Maybe...

Match source attributes, depending on your source charactristics and the Premiere sequence settings, may overcome the defaults for MPEG2-DVD that need to stay as is. I have not tested that.

If you letterboxed in the export panels, then this has a good chance of working; if you letterboxed in the PR sequence, that will be a problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points