Having installed Photoshop Elements 11(Windows 7) I cannot open the Organiser from the welcome screen. It can be opened via the Editor but few of the thumbnails are shown as pictures rather as empty squares. The situation does not improve with time but tends to get worse with pictures turning into squares. I have tried the tip with preferences but to no avail. I would be very grateful for some help. Best Regards Ian Tomlinson
Try pressing Ctrl+A (to select all thumbnails) and then refresh again (Edit >> Update Thumbnails for selected items). If that makes no difference you may need to regenerate the cache.
It may be worth rebuilding the thumbnail cache before re-installing. Click the menu:
Help >> System info to find the path to your catalog.
1. Close Organizer.
2. Navigate to C: ProgramData/Adobe/Elements Organizer/Catalogs/My Catalog
3. Find the file - thumb.5.cache
4. Highlight the file and delete it.
5. Re-start Elements Organizer
6. Wait until all thumbnails have been generated.
N.B. ProgramData may be a hidden system file: