Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I apply text position attributes (e.g. lower third) to more than one title at a time?

Apr 28, 2013 6:46 AM

Tags: #text #text_position

How can I apply text position attributes (e.g. lower third) to more than one title at a time?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to jhb3243

jhb3243

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

In the case of this theoretical lower third to be applied to more than one title at a time

a. Is there text in the lower third besides a graphic of some kind?

b. Are all the titles to which this lower third is to be applied all together on the Timeline or scattered?

If no text in lower third and titles all together, then, with text titles on Video 1 and lower third on Video 2, drag out the lower third to cover the length of the text titles on Video 1.

I do not find "lower third" title files to be in the same category as certain effects where the Copy and "Paste Attributes" or "Paste Effects and Adjustments" lend themselves so well.

Let us see what others have to say about all this. I will continue to experiment with what you seek and how you would prefer to get there. I am not optimistic but I will try.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 10:26 AM   in reply to jhb3243

Welcome to the forum.

Along with ATR's comments and suggestions, I find that Duplicate in Titler, with the first Lower-Third open in it, will yield an identical copy of that Title, but it will be a separate, and unique Title, and not just an Instance of that original Title. While the Text (includeing Position and any Styles) in that Duplicate will match the Text from the original, it can be altered, totally independently from that original. That is not possible with an Instance of that original Title, as they are all linked - just clones.

This article goes into more details on Titles, and Duplicates and Instances: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1131177?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

Excellent point about the use of "Duplicate" for the lower third title original in the Project Media/Assets area. I was waiting for further details from jhb3243 before getting into routes (maybe not as hoped for) but with the wanted end result with minimized pitfalls.

Under many scenarios, a change of file name avoids having a pile up of lower third templates text all with the same text. I also suspect that it is too much to hope for with regard to lower third templates without text in this case.

With more information from jhb3243, we can each suggest how we might develop the workflow to best get the job done.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 5:27 PM   in reply to jhb3243

Once you have created the Lower-Third, per your needs, if you choose Duplicate for the others, all attributes from the first will be applied.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points