Skip navigation
JCampbell1
Currently Being Moderated

http://www.adobe.com/special/encoderactivation/sw_activation02.html is

Apr 28, 2013 7:54 AM

http://www.adobe.com/special/encoderactivation/sw_activation02.html is the web page i am directed to to activate the codec when using PRE 11 inporting video that uses mpeg2  however nothing on that webpage displays, i have tried to use a few browsers, but no luck. Any adivce on why this webpage will  not load?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2013 8:22 AM   in reply to JCampbell1

that page displays for me.

try using a different browser or clearing your adob.com cookies.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 10:58 AM   in reply to JCampbell1

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with KGlad, as the link works perfectly on Chrome, on my XP-Pro laptop.

Along with the Adobe cookies, I would clean the media cache, or just use a different Web browser.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

I have never run into that codec activation situation with any of the Premiere Elements versions that I have used. If the user has a working Internet (assuming yes if browser checking), activation should be automatic.

If the latest version of QuickTime is installed, why is that type of activation needed to use MPEG2?

Have you run into this before and is there an explanation for this?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 3:52 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

I have not. Starting with PrE 4.0, the activation of various aspects, such as the MainConcept MPEG-2 CODEC has been transparent and automatic. The only thing of a manual nature was the downloading of the PrE 11 Additional Functional Content.

Back with PrE 4, mention was made of "activating" various elements in the installed program, and those instructions were missing most aspects. I think that my first post to this forum was asking about that activating. Steve G. responded that it was automatic, and would happen, so long as one had an active Internet connection, when each module/CODEC, etc. was first accessed. That is exactly what happened in my case.

With PrPro, those various modules and CODEC's were automatically activated, when one plugged in their S/N, and then went through the process of Activating the program, or suite.

With PrE, it was even easier, since one did not have to Activate the program.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 4:01 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

Thanks for the information based on your experiences.

If it were not for JCampbell1 saying that different browsers were being tried, I would think that this user is running the program without an Internet connection.

Hoping that JCampbell1 can supply additional information to sort this out.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 4:23 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

If it were not for JCampbell1 saying that different browsers were being tried, I would think that this user is running the program without an Internet connection.

Those were my first thoughts too.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 11:34 AM   in reply to JCampbell1

JCampbell1

Thanks for the great news that you are moving forward with Premiere Elements.

I am curious to know what browser Add On you enabled to get things working. Was this in Chrome?

Thanks again for the follow up. Continued success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points