Skip navigation
Noel Carboni 23,482 posts
Dec 23, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

I'm Finished With This Site

Apr 28, 2013 9:25 AM

Adobe:

Your basic editing and posting functions have been broken for almost 2 weeks now.

As the top contributor in the Photoshop forum, who provides tens of thousands of dollars in free technical support to your customers where your own people are incapable of doing so, I bid you farewell until you make the forum site work right again.  If you'd like me back, write me.  Maybe I'll check to see if it's working, and maybe I won't. 

I have better things to do than to be frustrated repeatedly by your inability to do basic web design.

Write me an eMail when it works again.  Until then, good luck to all.

-Noel 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2013 10:29 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Would it help if I gave you a manly hug and a big smooch on the forehead (yes, we gay people do that all the time)? What specific problems do you have? What browser do you use?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 10:57 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel,

A terrible loss for the rest of us. PLEASE RECONSIDER.

You will probably be just as unhappy if you cannot help the rest of us.

In any case, thanks for all that you have done. It was all good.

vince

Message was edited by: vinsolo

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel,

I have followed your thread in the Forums Comments forum, and have to say that I have not been having any problems posting to any of the Adobe forums, that I frequent. Chrome on XP-Pro SP3.

Now, I have seen some changes, but those have been with the layout of the main pages, and some of the panels/windows in the various pages, as changes are enacted. Oostensibly, those changes are to provide a more uniform experience across all forums. As I seldom pay much attention to the other aspects of the Adobe forum pages, I suppose that I miss a lot of those recent and on-going changes. I just concentrate on the posts, and the editing screen. Other than having to redo a bunch of my bookmarks, I have not had any issues (but WAS out of town, during a lot of the redos).

I understand your frustration, and hope that the Adobe Forums team can help get things smoothed out for you. I also hope that they, plus all the "regulars" here can woo you back. Your continued contributions are greatly appreciated.

Please reconsider,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,982 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2013 9:32 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

While you fix the site replace the spellchecker with a better one or remove it so my browser built in spellcecker will function not be blocked by this site abc thing.

Noel you will be missed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 11:12 PM   in reply to JJMack

Not for nothin', but Noel has been known to get a bit, uh...hyper-upset about things. I agree that this web site is sub-optimal but I'm not having the technical issues Noel has had...I suspect some lower level Explorer issues that some people are experiencing...but hey, if Exploder on Windows is blowing up, try one of the many fine browser alternatives out there.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 1:31 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Ah, I see. Now I know why I never go to the dark place that is this pareticular forum...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 5:32 PM   in reply to Mylenium

Yes, there are probably a few corners, that one should just stay away from - like that little area in the basement, behind the furnace - the one with all those cobwebs, and those odd noises!

BTW - I have to leave town for a bit, so fully expect that you folk can talk Noel out of this move, and when I return, hope to find everyone playing nicely again. The task is yours.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 4:12 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel,

Regardless of cause, just wanted to say your insights and experience which you have shared so freely is greatly appreciated and will be greatly missed. Hope you see fit to rejoin us soon.  All the best and a big THANK YOU!!!

asu_chic

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 8:13 AM   in reply to asu_chic

asu_chic wrote:

Noel,

Regardless of cause, just wanted to say your insights and experience which you have shared so freely is greatly appreciated and will be greatly missed. Hope you see fit to rejoin us soon.  All the best and a big THANK YOU!!!

asu_chic

A big +1 for that statement!

curt y

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Sorry to hear that you are pulling away, Noel. I have always learned from you and will miss your presence. I hope everything gets straightened out on this site so that you might be back in the future. I am not smart enough to know then things aren't going right so it is good that are people like you who can keep us updated.

See you soon, I hope. Wes

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 6:32 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Welcome back!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status