Skip navigation
le LIBRE
Currently Being Moderated

AppStore version of Premiere Elements 11 crashes when I open it.

Apr 28, 2013 11:08 PM

Tags: #appstore #premiere_elements_11

Bought Premiere Elements 11 Editor on the AppStore on April 29, 2013.

It crashed everytime I opened it while it was loading.

I deleted it and downloaded it from the Appstore a second time.

It still crashes everytime I open it.

It crashes while it's loading "ImporterQuickTime.bundle".

I don't know where or what exactly that is or where I can get another one.

I don't know how to interpret the crash report.

There doesn't seem to be a way to contact Adobe by email and send them a copy of the crash report.

I already have Elements 11 Editor installed since it came out and don't have any problems with it.

I'm on a MacBook Pro (late 2011) running the latest version of Mountain Lion.

It has a SSD - 120 GB with 80 GB available.

I'm the only one using my Mac - I'm the Administrator.

I've Googled this problem and there seems to be a lot of people with exactly the same problem.

I don't understand why Adobe hasn't found a solution for this problem?

Message was edited by: le LIBRE

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 29, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to le LIBRE

Reinstall it using the method in our FAQs.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/940869?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to le LIBRE

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to le LIBRE

le LIBRE

Have you seen this excellent Adobe Help recently posted in another thread here.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1202216?tstart=0

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 4:38 PM   in reply to le LIBRE

>bought Premiere Elements 11 on the Apple AppStore so your answer doesn't really help me.

The link Steve posted is EXACTLY about the appstore version... and it has a solution for at least one problem

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 5:01 PM   in reply to le LIBRE

le LIBRE

Did you get a chance yet to read the support from Adobe via PRE_help in the following thread here which seemed to cut to the core

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1202216?tstart=0

Did it help you at all?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 5:22 AM   in reply to le LIBRE

And you've tried the installation fix I recommended in my first post?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to le LIBRE

Le LIBRE if you are looking for direct support from Adobe then please contact our chat support team at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 10:09 AM   in reply to le LIBRE

le LIBRE wrote:

did you not read my reply above — .........

Please read all the above posts before replying.

Ant…

The people that are on this forum do it for fun.  They do not work for Adobe and have no authority at Adobe.  They are users of software they like and enjoy helping others and sharing information.

A very few that post here do work for Adobe, but only rarely.  The Adobe employees have other, more direct methods for customers to contact them.

Demanding service from volunteers generally works poorly.  If you need to vent anger and frustration, go ahead.  But, don't expect much in the way of favors back. 

Calm down, rework your questions and try again.  If you need to yell, find some Adobe employees. 

In various places I've read where the Ap Store products are limited and problimatic.  I am not an Apple user except for an old iPod.  I would suggest you delete the app, get your money back and buy the disk based version from somewhere like Amazon.  It may work better.

If you are so mad at Adobe you can't do that, find other software that will work for you.  I know the choices are limited for video editing software on a Mac, but in the PC world there are about 30 all wanting your business.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 12:55 PM   in reply to le LIBRE

le LIBRE wrote:

Why can't Adobe work with emails?

Ant…

Hello le LIBRE,

Currently, we have a contact page (http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html), but we do not offer email support. Sorry, we solve most of our customer problems via chat or the forums. Sounds like something went very wrong with your chat. That's a bad experience, and I apologize on behalf of Adobe. I hope you will try it again and have an easier time next time.

On to troubleshooting your problem: Have you installed any third-party codecs? This problem can sometimes happen when a bad codec failed to be loaded and this caused QuickTime to not respond, which then caused Premiere Elements to hang while trying to initialize the QuickTime components.

Take a look at Library > QuickTime and see if any third party codecs are installed. Post back with the results.

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to le LIBRE

le LIBRE

Thanks for the follow up. Great troubleshooting and stick-to-it-tiveness.

Being an Elements Windows person, I am sorry that I could not have done more as you searched for the answers.

Often problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes. So, it will be interesting to follow the outcome of the other cases involving the AppStore Premiere Elements 11 and crash reports.

Again, congratuations on being able to move forward in your Premiere Elements 11 Mac projects.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 11:32 AM   in reply to le LIBRE

I agree - thank you for posting the cause of your issue, and also your resolution.

I do not know the Mac OS, but there ARE many "required system fonts" on a PC, and removing those can cause issues. Often, the user will get an error message, but not always, especially if the required font is really program-specific, and not truely system-specific.

Your time has been greatly appreciated and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 6:23 PM   in reply to le LIBRE

I am unaware of any necessary font list for any Adobe programs.

There are some fonts (I believe that all are Adobe OTF's - Open Type Fonts), that are installed with various Adobe programs. I am not sure how many are necessary, and how many may just be "goodies," that say match up with Title Templates, DVD/BD Menus, Themes/Instant Movies, or similar.

I would anticipate that most of the Adobe GUI fonts are System fonts, that should already be present, but do not know that for a fact.

The only "test" that I can think of would be to have a totally clean OS install, then monitor additional fonts, after installing certain Adobe programs, but that would still not account for System fonts, that the Adobe program(s) rely on.

Maybe others can be of more assistance,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 7:06 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Kevin, I'm having the same problem - I don't know what codecs are, etc. All I want is a link to a downloadable version of PE 11. The app store no longer carries it. I purchased in late July 2013, and I've not been able to get the app to load and run since late September 2013. Chat support was useless - because they said they won't support anything but the new version. As it is now, I've spent $80 for a version that I got to use for about a week (I don't use it a lot) and now I'm out. Basically pretty ticked at Adobe right now - not for the software glitch, but that it's taken me forever to find out how to get any help.... And still can't get any....

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to rogw

rogw

If you purchased Premiere Elements 11 from the Mac App Store you probably purchased the "Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor" or "Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Quick Editor" which are not the same as Adobe's Premiere Elements 11 (Mac) as far as I can determine.

I can offer a link to Premiere Elements 11 Mac tryout download into which you can insert a purchased serial number for Premiere Elements 11 Mac from Adobe. But, I have no idea if your purchased serial number from the Mac App Store will work in the Mac App Store's versions of Adobe's Premiere Elements 11 Mac. I suspect not, but worth a look at to determine can do or should do.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links- pse-premiere-pre.html

Please be sure to read the details of what is necessary before using the links provided.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 8:51 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Thanks ATR - you are right, I have "Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor" Never noticed the difference before. Much appreciated.

However when I follow your link, I get this - on the download link inside of the link you provided:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials2.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PRE/11/osx10/PremiereElements_1 1_WWEFDJ.dmg?" on this server.

Reference #18.562afea5.1388422191.8adb399a

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 9:06 AM   in reply to rogw

rogw

Do not give up just yet. It may not work in the end since you have Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from the Mac App Store and not Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Mac from Adobe, but worth the try.

That Access Denied message is common if you do not pick up on all the details in the Important Instructions before using the links that are shown at the web site cited.

In those web site instructions, it should say to click on link to Adobe where you sign in with your Adobe ID and Password before processing with the rest of the instructions.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

thanks ATR - I guess it helps to read the directions, huh? Much appreciated. It's d/l'ing now.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to rogw

rogw

Good news.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 4:43 PM   in reply to le LIBRE

Thanks guys - No. The App store won't let me re-download it. Maybe if I uninstalled it, I could. A little afraid of that - it might be a simple fix and not get it back....ever....

The link to the "other" version of the PE 11 doesn't work - requires a different serial number than I have....

I did put out a couple of tweets and actually have a guy from adobe talking with me. That's a step in the right direction - love twitter for this kind of stuff - a lot!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to rogw

duh.... drug the app to the trash and I can put it back if needed. It is re-installing it now.... We'll see if that was the simple fix I needed! Wow - #notrocketscience....

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 5:15 PM   in reply to rogw

rogw

Thinking positive thoughts for your success.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2014 1:39 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Thanks ATR. Adobe's fix was quick and simple - they gathered a bit of information from me before a phone call. (I was escalated up the line) and their fix was easy - they gave me a free upgrade to Premiere Elements 12. It's currently installing. I'm not anticipating any further issues....

Thanks for all your help everyone.

rog

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2014 1:54 PM   in reply to rogw

rogw

We are so pleased that you are moving forward in what seems like a positive direction for video editing with Premeire Elements Mac.

We are hoping the the Premiere Elements 12 Mac from Adobe performs without the problems of the Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor that you purchased from the Mac App Store.

Please let us know of your progress when you get the time.

Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting. Great job in doing that.

Best wishes.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)